We had our first Immanuel Meeting for the semester last night which was exciting. Immanuel Meeting is our weekly student meeting for the Nagoya ministry - the one regular opportunity the students get to gather with people from different campuses, share fellowship and live out what it means to be a Christ-centred community. The talk was about the theme of the coming semester: 'Pass The Baton', based on 2 Timothy 2:2 which says "And the things you've heard me say in the presence of many witness, entrust to reliable men who in turn will be able to teach others." Masayoshi, the staff who was doing the talk, started talking about grace and he showed us the Chinese character/kanji for 'grace': 恵. He said that it has 2 parts to it: 'cross' (十) and 'to think' (思) and that it gives a good picture of how to understand grace. To understand grace we have to think of the cross. To receive grace we have to think of the cross. To live out grace we have to think of the cross. When someone hurts me, I have to think of the cross and what Jesus did, and if I fully comprehend the enormity of what Christ did, then I can't possibly continue to hold a grudge against that person - I treat them with grace!
昨日の夜に後期の最初のインマヌエルミーティングを行いました。インマヌエルミーティングは毎週、名古屋のミ二ストリーの学生を集めるミーティングです。このミーティングは学生が違う大学からの友達に会ったり、交わりをしたり、クリスチャンコミュニティーに生きたりする機会が一つだけです。メッセージは「バトンを渡す」という後期のテーマに関する。そういうテーマは第2テモテ2:2に基づく:「多くの証人の前で、私から聞いたことを、他の人にも教える力のある忠実な人たちにゆだねなさい。」
説教したまさよしというスタッフは恵みについて話し始めて、恵みの漢字を見せた。「恵」は二つの部分があると言った: 「十」(十字架)プラス 「思」(思う)。この考え方はどうか恵みをわかるようなイメージだと思います。恵みを分かるために十字架を思うべきです。恵みを受けるために十字架をおもうべきです。恵みを上げるために十字架を思うべきです。誰か、私を傷付けたら、十字架とかイエス様の行いを思うべきで、キリストの深い愛をはっきり分ければ、その人を許すでしょう。恵みを上げる。
No comments:
Post a Comment