Thursday, August 13, 2009

Manon Update

Thank you all so much for your encouragement and prayers for Manon since my last post. It's been amazing to see the response of God's people all over the world (thank God for the internet hey haha). Manon started chemotherapy this week and so far it seems to have gone well. I'm looking to go and see him this coming weekend, so hopefully I'll have a bit of a better idea of whats going on then. Although, my knowledge of Japanese medical terminology is quite limited haha so we'll see how we go.

In other news, we had a 6.4 earthquake the other day! It was about 5am and it woke me up, my whole room was shaking and some of my books fell off their shelf I discovered later that day. I'd never felt an earthquake before (at least not that I could remember - there was one in Newcastle in 1989 but I was too young to remember) so it was quite an experience. My poor housemate, George, much to his disappointment, slept through the whole thing though.

And to all those contemplating ever coming to Japan, or Nagoya more specifically, during the month of August, I have this to say to you: DON'T DO IT! The weather here is pretty crazy. Its hot (over 30C everyday easily), but thats not the worst part. Its the humidity the kicks you in the guts and make you sweat before you've even gotten out of bed in the morning. Most days the lowest the humidity gets is about 65%, but more often than not its in the 70-80s mark and then jumps into the 90's over night which makes sleeping that bit harder. So, in summary, if you want to visit Japan, do it in a month that is not August haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment